Type of personal information I collect
- Personal identifiers: name, address, DOB, phone number, email address.
- Medical History and details of injury/pain/complaint.
- Job, fitness and lifestyle details (hobbies and interests).
How I obtain information and how it is stored
All the personal information I collect is provided directly to me by you and used for at least one of the following reasons:
- In order to accurately assess your need for clinical massage.
- To identify any contra-indication to receiving massage.
- To build a holistic understanding of work and lifestyle in order to provide a personalised treatment plan.
I use the information you have given me in order to provide the best possible treatment for your desired outcome.
- Your name, email address and phone number are stored electronically on my laptop, tablet and mobile phone.
- Your personal identifiers, medical history, details of your injury/condition and treatment notes are stored on paper and kept in locked filing cabinets.
- I never share any of your personal information unless specifically requested to by you. Examples are writing a clinical report for your GP or sharing details of your treatments with other health care professionals.
- I keep this information for 7 years after the last time I have treated you then it is destroyed.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018, the lawful bases I rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Julie Barnard on email@example.com
- I have a legal obligation.
- I need it to be able to treat you under professional guidelines.
- I have a legitimate interest.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask me to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that I transfer the personal information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 07950 432951 if you wish to make a request and I will have one month to respond to you.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to me at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) if you are unhappy with how I have used your data.
The CNHC email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: www.cnhc.org.uk
Telephone No. 020 3668 0406
46-48 E Smithfield